We have put together a series of bundles which save you money off the cost of buying related products. This is an N Gauge track plan to show the layout of Old Hill Junction in the West Midlands in the late 1950's. Today both branch lines have been closed but the tunnel to Halesowen still exists. The station had three platforms but you will see that trains from Birmingham did not stop on the way through to Halesowen but this was later changed when the second line was removed in favour of a single track through the station. There was, and still is, a footbridge across the main Birmingham - Stourbridge line for passengers to access platform 2. Old Hill station lies approximately halfway up Old Hill Bank, one of the steepest passenger inclines in the UK, rising left to right towards Birmingham on the plan.
The layout could be easily expanded by bringing the double track round from the branch to Windmill End to join the line to Snow Hill to give the user a continuous double track. This could be in a hidden section of the layout to maintain the scenario of a junction station.
The layout as shown consists of these pieces: -
- 4 x SL-300, N Peco Streamline Code 80, Flex 36". (wood)
- 3 x ST-1, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Straight 87mm.
- 3 x ST-11, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Straight 174mm.
- 1 x ST-14, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Curve radius 263.5mm, angle 22.5º
- 1 x ST-15, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Curve radius 263.5mm, angle 45º
- 2 x ST-2, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Straight 58mm.
- 1 x ST-44, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Right curved turnout R2/R3
- 1 x ST-45, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Left curved turnout R2/R3
- 2 x ST-47, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Curve, angle 11.25º
- 2 x ST-5, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Right turnout 87mm. 22.5º
- 1 x ST-50, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Crossing 87mm. (right)
- 1 x ST-51, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Crossing 87mm. (left)
- 4 x ST-6, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Left turnout 87mm. 22.5º
- 1 x ST-8, N Peco Setrack Code 80, Buffer/Bumper
This plan covers an area of 8'2" length x 6' wide.